With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
This role will be based out of our Stone office and you must be willing to work from the offices when the business requires. However, Capula actively supports employees working from home where appropriate and operates a flexitime policy.
Summary of Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant / Junior Quantity Surveyor to pursue a career within the Capula commercial department. Capula will support the successful candidate with the appropriate mentoring and training for development. The candidate will work with the Project Management team to provide an efficient and comprehensive quantity surveying and cost control service for the business.
- Assist and/or shadow the Quantity Surveyor on individual projects whilst preparing interim valuations, final accounts etc.
- Assist in providing a Quantity Surveying service as part of a team in multidisciplinary projects.
- Provide support to Projects and tenders for commercial activities.
- Responsible for open and adequate communication with the Commercial Manager, Quantity Surveyors, Project Manager, Project teams and Business Manager.
- Carry out duties in accordance with the quality systems and procedures in respect of Quantity Surveying.
- Ensure that correspondence and enquiries within the Business are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of reports to internal teams, clients and supply chain partners.
- Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance,
- Driving license
- At least 2 years industry experience
- BA or BSc Degree
- RICS , CIOB or equivalent membership
- NEC 3 / 4 experience
- Confident and capable to work accurately under their own initiative and within a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, understand client requirements and translate these into an effective solution.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Have good communication skills.
- Willingness to own workstreams.
- Problem-solving skills.
- The ability to analyse information and data.
- Drive and self-motivation.
Assistant / Junior Quantity Surveyor
- Stone & Flexible
- Full time | Permanent
- Job reference: N-2021-14
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.