With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
The role is to provide a Control and Instrumentation engineer (C&I) to support on site activities at Torness Power Station in Scotland. As well as the C&I activities there will be a need through training to support the station VFC engineer with day-to-day maintenance activities on site.
- Carrying out plant walk-downs/reviews.
- Injecting work into and reviewing work plans.
- Create work packages.
- Investigating problems/issues and providing technical resolution.
- Providing technical consultancy.
- Supporting project delivery of new equipment (including commission and test)
- Creating and review of documentation.
- Participation and contribution to the Corrective Action Program.
- Attend various site meetings.
- Participate in station outage works.
- To support the station VFC (Variable Frequency Converter) engineer with day-to-day maintenance activities.
- Engineering related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience.
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team.
- Experience of producing design documentation and Test Specifications.
- Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance
- Driving licence
- Experience of hands-on C&I work on a Nuclear Power Station.
- 3 years’ experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
- Knowledge of UPS and or VFC equipment.
- Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry.
- Confident and capable and able to work accurately under own initiative and within a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, understand client requirements and translate these into an effective solution.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Have good communication skills.
- Willingness to own workstreams.
- Be flexible in working methods.
- Safe work ethic.
Control Systems Engineer
- Torness Power Station
- Full Time | Permanent
- Job reference: SS-2021-06
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.