With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
The Digital Solutions team is responsible for providing technical solutions to new & existing corporate customers on IOT/Industry 4.0 technology stack that Capula use (PTC Thingworx, Influx, Azure and bespoke solutions).
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills to join and add value to a dedicated and friendly team. Responsible for actively driving and managing the pre-sales process with direct and channel customers the Digital Manufacturing Transformation Specialist must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product portfolio, positioning to both business and technical users.
Primarily focused on digitisation opportunities that will positively impact businesses overall performance, the Digital Manufacturing Transformation Specialist will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting business sales teams, account managers and partners on proposal activities. The ability to map out the 'as-is' and 'to-be' process and scope out the landscape is vital for this role.
- To organise and attend meetings with clients to determine technical and business requirements, ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution.
- Run and lead short discovery phases of work in conjunction with the wider team, develop business transformation vision, value roadmap, high-level target solution designs and target experiences in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes.
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally.
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to internal stakeholders.
- Work with Digital Solutions Team to feedback on issues with current offerings and provide input around new solutions.
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities.
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to Capula.
- Promote technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, opportunity reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes
- To structure and produce compelling sales proposals/commercial and technical documentation outlining the cost savings and business benefits to clients of using Capula’s proposition
- Experience of implementing Industry 4.0 projects
- Understanding of a broad range of Industry 4.0 technologies
- Capability to quickly understand client’s needs and align to Industry 4.0 digital solution offerings
- Capability to define right client use cases for adoption of Industry 4.0 digital solutions and technologies
- Experience in building business cases to support Industry 4.0 digital solution adoption
- Experience of leading Industry 3.0 (SCADA, PLC, MES, RTU’s, etc..) industrial automation solutions.
- Strong interest in IOT technologies, Machine Learning and Digital Twins/Data Modelling.
- Comfortable talking about cloud hosting technologies including Azure and AWS.
- Working knowledge of common industrial protocols, including OPC, IEC61850, Modbus, etc.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and product development and research and development.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- Full drivers’ licence and willingness to travel.
- In return Capula offers the following benefits to permanent employees
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered
Digital Transformation Specialist – Industry 4.0
- Stone or Home based with UK wide travel
- Permanent | Full time
- Job reference: C-2022-02
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.