With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
We are looking to recruit either Control Panel/Hardware design engineers to join Capula and be part of a world class team as we begin to prepare for our upcoming exciting projects. The role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC’s, MCCs, Drives & Controls, and Switchgear. Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design. The work may involve limited travel with the possibility of some periods away at customer sites carrying out surveys and designing solutions
- Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing PLC’s and LV distribution systems.
- Design of electrical cabling and containment systems
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience on project implementation
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical, Microsoft office word & excel.
- Must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level, and possibly DV
- It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact and mentoring is required.
- Ability to mentor and develop engineers and technicians
- A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation.
- Able to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Understanding of IEC BS EN 61439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies
- Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
- Working with production to see the design through to completion.
- Worked previously in a highly regulated industry.
- Understanding of EMC practices
- Will hold or will be working towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
- MEng qualification
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- Site experience (survey /install)
- Ability to lead and work in a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible in their methods of working
- Positive “Can do” attitude.
- Problem solving mindset
In return Capula offers the following benefits to permanent employees
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
- Flexible - office base Stone, Staffordshire
- Full-Time | Permanent
- Job reference: N-2022-09
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.