With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
Due to increased workload – Capula are looking to recruit an experienced Industrial Automation & Control Systems (Operational Technology) Cyber Security Engineer into the team and hit the ground running to work on live and up coming projects.
- Design and secure operational technology networks across a range of industries.
- Solve complex digital and operational security problems facing Industrial Control Systems (ICS) used within the nation’s critical infrastructure cyber-landscape.
- Assess the robustness of cybersecurity architectures, technologies, and procedures being implemented within customer facilities.
- Design comprehensive technical solutions that meet client requirements and implement the appropriate tools, technologies & processes to mitigate critical security risks (e.g., system and mobile antivirus software, encryption modules, patch management programs, insider threat protection, incident response plans, forensic capabilities, and regulation compliance).
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and administrative audits on client computer systems and network devices considering the sensitivity of Operational Technology testing.
- Lead collaboration efforts with other cybersecurity experts on team to develop well-constructed approaches to ICS risk management, mitigation, and monitoring strategies.
- Mentor younger members of the team regarding ICS OT cybersecurity, Infrastructure & Network Engineering.
- Must be prepared to travel.
- Provide input to assist with business development opportunities and provide Project Management of newly won contracts, including leading through all phases of the project or work cycle.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and 5+ years of progressive, relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with cyber security technologies with at least 2 years serving critical infrastructure/industrial control systems (ICS) to include SCADA HCI systems, PLCs, RTUs, etc.).
- Ability to apply skills across a broad range of domains to include Chemical, Water, Oil and Gas, Energy.
- Experience with securing systems running ICS-related communications protocols (e.g., MODBUS, OPC, DNP3, etc.).
- Experience securing cross-domain IT/OT communications and interfaces.
- Experience designing & configuring secure networks (Switching, Routing, Firewalls).
- Experience engineering security solutions for real-time and/or performance-sensitive systems.
- Experience creating Functional Design Specifications and Detailed Infrastructure, Network and Cyber Security Specifications.
- Experience completing system assessments and security audits based on technical security frameworks such as NIST 800-53/800-82, ISO 27001, IEC 62433, HSE OG-86, NIS-D etc.
- Experience and good understanding of Capula’s capability, markets and service offering.
- Able to demonstrate stakeholder management and the ability to develop effective relationships at all levels.
- Build and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers and key business stakeholders.
- A drive for outstanding customer service and high performance culture.
- The ability to gain and maintain SC clearance.
- Comfortable at operating in an engineering and non-engineering environment, meeting specific accountabilities.
- Customer retention/satisfaction.
- Knowledge and use of Lean techniques
In return Capula offers the following benefits to permanent employees
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
ICS OT Cyber Security Engineer
- Home Based with travel to the office in Stone Staffordshire and UK wide customer sites
- Permanent | Full time
- Job reference: SS-2023-04
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.