With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the Dalkia Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
Capula has a portfolio of systems contracts to be delivered to major clients within the Nuclear Industry, some integrating with existing C&I systems, some stand alone and some greenfield. With cumulative values of several £Ms the contracts include a range of full turnkey solutions based generally upon PLC/SCADA technology and including hardwired/logic based safety systems. Some contracts also include site installation and cabling etc. Based upon world class products the contracts cover Requirements Definition, Design, Substantiation, Implementation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and the ongoing support.
- Support the Operations Manager to develop best in class project controls, tools and reports
- Lead the planning team to work with Project Managers to produce and maintain detailed project plans and resource allocation plans using Primavera P6.
- Maintaining and developing project implementation databases (using MS Access), maintaining relevant paper records, H&S information and compliance information.
- Coordination and liaison with internal and external (customers and suppliers) stakeholders supply chain for provision of services to the agreed plan / work schedule
- Reporting progress, performance, resource utilisation and commercial information to the Project Management team and consolidated Sector performance to the Operations Manager.
- Provide coaching and support to develop other team members in planning and particularly the use of the P6 planning tool.
- Good skills/experience of Project Planning tools especially Primavera P6
- NEC3/4 Experience Working for main contractor and experience of using CEMAR.
- Experience with supporting delay claims/forensic planning
- Experience with producing impact programmes & narrative / supporting information.
- Excellent organisational, communications and analytical skills.
- Experience of compensation events and delay analysis
- Good skills/experience in implementing project controls to drive business performance
- Comfortable with working in an IT or control system environment
- Good skills/experience in risk management techniques
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to gain SC clearance
- Experience of work planning / work allocation /generating S curves / cost planning and reporting
- Earned Value Analysis techniques
- Experience of material procurement, supply chain and logistics
- Experience of consolidated project reporting and control
- Experience of resource management using project planning tools such as MS Project and Primavera P6
- Motivated self-starter with a keen eye for detail.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to work through setbacks and develop different solution options.
- Good understanding of technical terminology and logical approach
- Must be able to work under pressure, to strict deadlines, sometimes juggling multiple demands
- Willingness to drive continuous improvement and share best practice.
In return Capula offers the following benefits to permanent employees
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
P6 Project Planner
- Flexible - office base Stone, Staffordshire
- Full Time | Permanent/Contract
- Job reference: N-2023-10
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.