With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
The Pre-Sales Technical team is responsible for providing technical solutions to new & existing corporate customers on IOT/Industry 4.0 technology stack that Capula use (PTC Thingworx, Influx, Azure and bespoke solutions).
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills to join and add value to a dedicated and friendly team. Responsible for actively driving and managing the pre-sales process with direct and channel customers the Pre-sales Consultant must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product portfolio, positioning to both business and technical users.
Primarily engaged in a pre-sales technical consultancy role, the consultant will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting business sales teams, account managers and partners on proposal activities.
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution.
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes.
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally.
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to internal stakeholders.
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products.
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities.
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to Capula.
- Sell technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include – activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes
- To structure and produce compelling sales proposals/commercial and technical documentation outlining the cost savings and business benefits to clients of using Capula’s proposition
- To assume responsibility for communicating with a bid team, implementation operations and project team to articulating customer requirements and ensure a smooth transition from Sale to Delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate Capula products/solutions and technologies effectively to audiences of varied technical knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Industry 3.0 (SCADA, PLC, ERPs) and Industry 4.0 (IOT, Digital Twins, Message Brokers etc.) industrial automation stack.
- Strong interest in IOT technologies, Machine Learning and Digital Twins/Data Modelling.
- Comfortable talking about cloud hosting technologies including Azure and AWS.
- Working knowledge of modern industrial protocols, including OPC, IEC61850, Modbus, etc, would be advantages.
- Previous experience of requirements gathering, design and solution building and the ability to replicate this in a commercial setting.
- Able to show and discuss a range of previous customer solution designs.
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with industrial and/or energy optimisation insights.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and product development and research and development.
- Organised and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- Full drivers licence and willingness to travel.
- 25+ days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance(4x annual salary)
- Private healthcare
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Employee assistance mental wellbeing programme
- Employee discount at 100’s of UK retailers
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
Pre-Sales Technical Consultant
- Full Time | Permanent
- Job reference: OI-2021-04
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.