With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for an Enthusiastic Senior Engineer to join our existing T&D team to perform all aspects of implementation of Substation Control Systems (SCS); from design through to installation and commissioning on site. Suitable candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, have the ability to interpret customer requirements (including schedules, drawings etc.), have an understanding of system engineering design and be prepared to be involved in and eventually lead site visits for the purpose of survey and installation & commissioning work (including the preparation of associated risk evaluation/method statements).
This position would suit someone who has a good grounding in systems engineering and enjoys working in an engineering environment, who is keen to work on site and become involved in all aspects of a project and is keen to learn and develop new skills as part of an experienced and committed team.
- Working to agreed procedures/methods and standards with engineering design responsibilities.
- Interpret and verify customer supplied data and specifications.
- Produce system designs from customer supplied information
- Creating, modifying or mark-up system drawings and schematics
- Producing all necessary design documentation to support the production of the systems
- Assisting in Site acceptance testing
- Involvement in site surveys and preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
- Experience of Substation Secondary Systems (either Protection and Control or Control only)
- Experience of writing specifications (design and test)
- Experience of commissioning Control systems
- Computer literate with Autocad Electrical and Excel experience
- Capable of good customer communications
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements.
- At least, educated to HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline or demonstratable experience.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check
- Knowledge/Experience of the GE Substation Control Systems IEDs
- Experienced in the Alstom/GE PACIS and/or DS Agile Control Systems
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be flexible in their methods of working
- 25+ days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance(4x annual salary)
- Private healthcare
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Employee assistance mental wellbeing programme
- Employee discount at 100’s of UK retailers
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
Senior SCS Systems Hardware Engineer
- Full-time | Permanent
- Job reference: TD-2021-03
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.