With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of the role:
We currently have a requirement for Software Engineer within the Transmission & Distribution sector.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the systems development lifecycle: specification, design, programming, testing, installation and commissioning. This will range from configuring multiple instances of existing solutions to developing new solutions for clients from a list of basic requirements. This will include database configuration, coding, application engineering, hardware interface, system testing and commissioning. This would include client visits for meetings & surveys and possible overseas travel for training courses and partner integrations.
- Is competent in the use of a PC & management of electronic files/folders
- Good knowledge of databases
- Has a good understanding of SCADA/HMIs and control systems
- Experienced coder in any of the following C++, C#, JAVA, VB
- Ability to learn how to configure & navigate new products with manuals and on-line support
- The ability to research ideas/products to identify suitability for a solution
- Can successfully complete all assigned tasks to plan and in line with company procedures and standards.
- A team player who has drive and tenacity with a willingness to learn
- Can communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and customers
- Always follows good health & safety practices within Capula and customer sites
- Electrical Engineering knowledge
- Knowledge of electrical principles (Power calculations etc.)
- Ideally GE equipment knowledge or Copa-data Zenon SCADA
- Ideally worked with substation control system
- Good research skills
- Good excel skills or High level programming skills
- Current driving licence
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
- Full Time | Permanent
- Job reference: T&D-2020-17
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.