With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a large scale. With continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Continued expansion in new markets means Capula are seeking someone to join our expanding tendering/sales team to support our growth objectives They will be focused upon supporting our recently developed transmission and distribution protection and control activities, working as a solution architect and customer technical expert, supporting the customer-facing sales team and back-office proposal teams.
Summary of Role:
Day-to-day activities of the Bid Support function involve delivering a wide range of offer types, across the entire bid lifecycle. This can include assuming the bid lead role or liaising with the bid lead and business head for the opportunity. This will include sales strategy; completing pre-qualification or proposal documentation; identifying and detailing solutions to address client requirements; preparing cost estimates and managing client queries. In addition, knowledge/experience of Substation Protection and Control systems, electrical engineering, and/or different PLC/SCADA technology architectures, together with design, implementation, testing, site installation and commissioning of these systems is desirable. You will interpret the client’s requirements, develop a solution and then identify suitable suppliers when required. Some travel to customer or supplier sites is expected, either attending with the relevant sales lead, other BDEs or on your own.
The successful candidate shall be technically knowledgeable and experienced from a (Protection and Control) software, hardware or Electrical background in a solution delivery or sales environment.
- Working with the Business Development Managers (BDMs) to provide technical support, system architectures, cost estimates, etc and ensuring compliance with internal bid governance.
- Working as a Protection and Control solution architect and the customer technical expert
- Supporting technically diverse sales team across an array of industries through meetings with our clients to understand their needs and demonstrate market/technical expertise as part of a bid process.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with technology providers to understand the latest technologies and to ensure compliant deliverable solutions are developed.
- Carrying out surveys on client sites as required to identify scope, scale, implementation philosophies, etc
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, produce subcontract specifications, in liaison with procurement, for providers to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
- Producing detailed proposal documents that are well structured, contain the main selling messages and differentiators that give Capula the edge over our competitors.
- Potential involvement in research and development activities related to specific propositions and solutions. This also includes maintaining strong relationships with Alliance partners.
- Operating as a paid consultant directly into the End user to support Procurement/specifications/tender reviews/Audits etc.
- 10 years’ experience in Protection and Control - Software, Hardware or Electrical background with a good understanding of the engineering processes used in the development and execution of successful solutions.
- Experience of Tendering with and understanding of procurement processes and reasonable levels of commercial acumen commensurate with the role.
- A natural curiosity to learn new technologies and solutions.
- Effective time management to meet tight deadlines.
- In-depth understanding of the T&D and Energy sector and its associated standards, with a Protection bias.
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Good communications skills and ability to manage a wide range of business stakeholders.
- Have a naturally positive can-do attitude to solving client solution issues.
- Target oriented - understands targets and demonstrate a structured approach on how to achieve them.
In return Capula offers the following benefits to permanent employees
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
Tender Engineer (Protection and Control), Technical Bid Specialist (Electrical)
- Permanent | Full time
- Job reference: TD-2022-01
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.