With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
Under the authority of the TXP commissioning section Lead, the TXP Troubleshooting Engineer will be in charge of following tasks identified with regard to the phases of the project:
- Interface with the development and the engineering departments from a technical standpoint on TXP platform hardware and software
- Participation in the review of the TXP testing equipment and peripheral testing devices required during commissioning
- Attend to Pre-Job Briefing prior to TXP tests execution
- Support I&C and Process tests execution for unexpected event or non-conformity analysis
- Analyze and select the troubleshooting actions while limiting the impact on running commissioning activities, with the support of engineering databases and master documentation
- Plan troubleshooting activities with corresponding I&C and Process commissioning engineering to evaluate and limit the impact on I&C/Process systems behavior and availability
- Preparation of Work Order (WO) requests associated to the troubleshooting activity to be performed on I&C systems and implementation of blockings – if any
- Replacement of damaged components and reconfiguration in coordination with the I&C TXP Administrators
- Support the I&C TXP Administrators for the elaboration of component damage reports
- Prepare, Implement, and Trace temporary modifications on TXP platform (hardware and software), simulations, and on OM Displays with strict respect to applicable procedures under the supervision of the TXP test coordinator
- Support the I&C and Process commissioning engineer for the definition of requalification tests
- On-the-job Training of operation and maintenance personnel on TXP I&C systems
- Control and monitoring:
- Inform the TXP commissioning lead about any unexpected events occurring on the TXP platform and TXP systems
The completion of the commissioning activities related to the entrusted I&C system is sanctioned by the following events:
- Restoration of the TXP system to the initial configuration after troubleshooting activities
- Provide the as-built configuration to the Engineering department for the Configuration documentation update
- Support to the closure of all I&C system open points assigned to I&C Commissioning branch
The scope of responsibility of I&C TXP Troubleshooting Engineer is defined by the I&C Commissioning Branch Head in liaison with the Nuclear Island Commissioning Manager, in accordance with the qualification evaluation and the actual needs.
- Engineer degree in automation field or generalist
- Experience in design/engineering – manufacturing – test bay – commissioning or maintenance based on the TXP product line
- EPR knowledge would be a plus
Candidates should be familiar with:
- ES 680 Engineering and Commissioning Tools
- Web4TXP Process Engineering and Commissioning Tools
- Tec4function and OM-Editor tools
- OM 690 Operating and Monitoring System
- AS 620B (FUM) Automation System including communication modules
- DS 670 Diagnosis system
- Bus systems including Industrial Ethernet and Profibus DP fieldbus
- Good relational and communication skills,
- Analysis and synthesis skills,
- Rigorous especially for adherence to procedures in force on site including configuration management
- Good oral expression & writing skills
- Ability to work in an international team
- Aware of HSE and IT security aspects
- Ability with French would be a plus.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
TXP Troubleshooting Engineer
- Full-time | 2 Year Fixed Term
- Job reference: N-2021-02
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.