Part of the EDF Group, Capula is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control, IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Transmission markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
As a panel wire person you must have at least five years industry experience and able to work as an effective member of an electrical panel build, installation and test team. You must be able to read electrical schematic drawings and manage your time to successfully complete all assigned tasks within agreed timescales. You will be a member of a wider T&D Delivery team and as such you at times be working on sites within England and Wales.
At times you must be flexible with your working hours to ensure project deadlines are met and have a can do attitude to supporting the changes required to improve the way we work.
You will be responsible for:
- Working to agreed company standards and procedures
- Working to agreed site standards, procedures and Safety procedures.
- Completion of assembly record cards to ensure traceability and identification of serial numbered components
- The assembly and wiring of electrical components, of varying size and complexity using drawings, parts lists and specifications. This shall include cable installations and terminations, glandingand terminsation of paired and multicore cables.
- Mechanical assembly of cubicles, framework, cable tray/ladder racking and desks.
- Bench electrical sub-assembly work
- Quality of own work and rework identified during inspection and test
- Updating issue logs and communicating directly with responsible Site Manager, design or commissioning engineers
- Flexibility when required to meet project deadlines
- Ideally candidate should have:
- Ideally be a qualified electrician
- Have National Grid BESC and Person
- Able to work as an effective team member.
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated and manage own time efficiently.
- Good communications skills.
- Flexible and happy to work away from home for extended periods of time
- Have a naturally positive can do attitude to solving issues.
In return Capula offers the following benefits to permanent employees
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
- Permanent | Full time
- Job reference: TD-2021-07
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.