With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
Capula is seeking an experienced Commissioning Engineer with a sound Electrical Engineering background to work between our Stone headquarters and client’s sites. Responsible for all site related aspects of delivering E,C&I projects Safely to time and specification. The successful candidate will be qualified as described below and ideally will have recent relevant experience.
- To understand drawings and test specifications, in order to complete the Site Acceptance Testing.
- Fault find any errors found and fix where possible or provide the necessary information to facilitate its resolution by others.
- Electrically proficient, understanding of IO (AC&DC).
- To be able to mark-up drawings and sign off drawings as part of the testing process.
- Demonstratable understanding of communications – fibre optics and serial comms.
- Knowledge of substations
- Navigation the software RTU/DCS/SCADA as part of the commissioning activities and fault finding.
- Articulate and have good communication skills both written and verbal
- Recent National Grid Site experience or DNO experience
- To have successfully completed Safety Passport training or an alternative safety course
- To have successfully completed specific health and safety awareness training delivered by recognised training provider (IOSH, CITB, RoSPA, BSC etc), e.g. manual handling, (preferred qualified to minimum of Appointed Person), lifting operations (banksman/slinger), working at height, CDM, confined spaces etc.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering E,C&I solutions on site with a track record of success – on time, to specification and within a commercial environment
- Must be prepared to travel and work away at customer sites
- Full UK driving licence.
- Current NG Person and BESC Certification
- Educated to at least HND level or higher with additional relevant experience
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- AutoCAD experience
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Attention to detail with a strong and practical safety ethos
- 25+ days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance(4x annual salary)
- Private healthcare
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Employee assistance mental wellbeing programme
- Employee discount at 100’s of UK retailers
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
- Full-time | Permanent
- Job reference: T&D-2021-02
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.