With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables, and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
To provide support to the project delivery team in the planning and coordination of projects and programme activities. Support will be across a large portfolio of projects and include planning of project activities and resource, coordination of supply chain and logistics. The role will involve occasional visits to customer sites, and it is expected that the successful candidate will have experience of project lifecycles for different project delivery models and have some understanding of Systems integration and the Energy Market.
- Working with the Management team and Project Managers to produce and maintain detailed project plans and resource allocation plans across the portfolio.
- Provide detailed impact plans for assessment of variations.
- Assisting sales team to provide detailed tender programmes.
- Coordination and liaison with site-based installation/commissioning teams, providing programme updates and driving progress.
- Coordination and liaison with internal (shop floor build and purchasing) and external (BOM suppliers) supply chain for provision of installation materials to the agreed plan / work schedule.
- Reporting progress, performance, and commercial information to the Programme Management team.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Proven experience using P6 or MS Project to delivery complex engineering projects.
- Proven experience & understanding of NEC contracts and how this is applied to planning.
- Good skills/experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, databases
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Experience of work planning / work allocation
- Experience of Earned Value Analysis
- Experience of monitoring procurement, supply chain, subcontractors, and logistics
- Experience of working on projects for National Grid and/or other large scale electricity generating companies/transmission companies.
Personal Qualities (essential):
- Must be able to work under pressure, to strict deadlines, sometimes juggling multiple demands.
- Willingness to learn and be pro-active.
In return Capula offers the following benefits to permanent employees
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional status (e.g. IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees are covered
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently only working with our preferred suppliers.
To express an interest in this position, simply apply below or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
- Office based, Stone (Staffordshire) with flexibility of hours and home working
- Permanent | Full Time
- Job reference: E-2023-06
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.