With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
Summary of Role:
Capula is seeking experienced Site Managers with a sound Electrical Engineering background and experience of working on National Grid Electricity Substations. The successful candidate will be able to work flexibly from home, our Stone Office or the Customers sites depending upon work requirements. Responsible for all site related aspects of delivering E,C & I projects Safely to cost, time and specification, the successful candidate will be qualified as described below and ideally will have recent relevant experience.
- Managing the installation and customer acceptance of Substation Control and Protection System projects in Capula’s Energy Business in accordance with National Grid safety standards and local site work practices
- People-management responsibility for leading and motivating a subset of the project team of software and hardware engineers (typically 1 to 5+) during the site installation and commissioning phases of the project
- Control and management of installation sub-contractors (typically cable installation and minor electrical/mechanical works)
- Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients including production of related minutes
- Liaise with Capula’s Health and Safety Manager regarding all aspects of welfare on site
- Ensuring through close liaison with the Project Management that sufficient resources are planned for site work to enable delivery to cost, budget and quality
- Available to assist with Electrical Installation/Test/Commissioning activities
- Able to interpret customer requirements, undertake site surveys and produce electrical drawings/installation specification
- Undertake Risk Assessments and produce Method Statements, Create / input into project safety health and environmental plans.
- Experience of managing E, C & I installation and commissioning activities (Substation Control Systems, Protections systems or similar) on National Grid Sites
- Current “National Grid Competent Person”
- Either TP144 or SR163 Certification
- To have successfully completed Client Contractors National Safety Group Safety Passport Supervisor training or equivalent
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Must be prepared to travel and work away at customer sites
- Full UK driving licence.
Candidates who can demonstrate greater compliance with the following requirements will be considered preferentially.
- To have successfully completed specific health and safety awareness training delivered by recognised training provider (IOSH, CITB, RoSPA, BSC etc), e.g. manual handling, (preferred qualified to minimum of Appointed Person), lifting operations (banksman/slinger), working at height, CDM, confined spaces etc.
- Have a working knowledge of the CDM regulations 2015 and understand the responsibilities of the roles within it, particularly Principal Contractor Role and to have managed Sites as the Principal Contractor - “non-working” Site Manager
- Have experience in carrying out Electrical Installation works and hold current BS:7671 18th edition qualifications.
- IOSH /SMSTS certificates
- To have successfully completed Construction Industry Training Board Construction Skills Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course (5days) or equivalent
- Apprenticeship trained with ability to undertake minor Site installation activities as a “working” site Manager.
- Trained in Temporary Works Coordination / Supervision
- Undertaken Asbestos Awareness training
- Undertaken Impressed Voltages Training and understand the causes and consequences of Impressed Voltages
- Understanding of the UK Environmental and Waste Management legislation
- Understanding of the relevant National Grid procedures:-
- Articulate and have good communication skills
- Strong leadership skills including team management
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong and decisive in managing subcontractors
- Attention to detail with a good safety ethos
In return Capula offers the following benefits to permanent employees
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) if required and professional memberships fees covered
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
- Stone & Client Sites
- Full Time | Permanent
- Job reference: E-2023-0X
- Something wrong! Please double check your input.